Today the Kokoda Track Foundation (KTF) announced its 2016 mentors for the Archer Leadership Scholarships. The scholarships are a yearlong, experiential leadership development experience for final year PNG tertiary students who have shown great academic skill and leadership potential.
KTF connects the Archer Leaders with high-profile business, NGO and government leaders who have extensive knowledge of PNG and its leadership challenges. Mentors are selected and matched with the leaders according to their professional background and interests to maximise their potential. Mentors will provide guidance, support and coaching throughout the course of their experiential leadership year.
This year’s mentors are:
- Dr Kathy Lepani (Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Australian National University) is mentoring Sylvia Kaski who is studying Business Accountancy
- Roxanne Martens is matched with Johnetta Lili who is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Beatrice Mahuru (CEO Digicel Foundation) is matched with Petra Seinan, who is completing her Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences
- Dr Jonathan Ritchie (Senior Research Fellow at Deakin University’s School of Humanities and Social Sciences) will be mentoring Jeremy John, who is completing his final year of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information & Communication Sciences
- Erik Aelbers (Development Consultant Asian Development Bank) is matched with Kelly Samof who is studying Economics
- Mark Nizette (Kokoda Initiative Management Advisory) is mentoring Jerome Sesega who is completing his final year of Law.
Dr Genevieve Nelson, KTF’s CEO says: “We are delighted with the high calibre of mentors we have secured for this year’s program. Mentors work with the students throughout the year as they embark on their adaptive leadership journey. It is the mentee’s responsibility to drive the relationship and maximise the opportunity to learn and develop. In many cases, relationships like these have secured future jobs for the scholars.”
In addition to the mentoring program, the scholarships also support work experience placements, seed funding for community development projects, tuition fee and educational resources support, and a leadership exchange program in Australia.
The Archer Leadership Scholarships are generously funded by Perpetual Trustees, via the Fred P. Archer trust.
For more information on the Archer Leadership Scholarships please visit www.archerleaders.ngo