We work with people and communities to improve the lives and futures of Papua New Guineans.
To keep the spirit of Kokoda alive.
Five values guide KTF:
- Integrity: The resources at our disposal are not our own. We ensure that we act with the utmost integrity in all scenarios: In our aid and development work in PNG and in our fundraising, marketing and administration in Australia.
- Perseverance: We understand and respect the challenging environment of working in aid and development in Papua New Guinea. KTF is committed to improving the lives and futures of our nearest neighbours. We do this with and with patience, perseverance and creativity, and do everything in our power to deliver on that commitment.
- Compassion: KTF works alongside communities, seek a thorough understanding of their needs, and respond with programs and projects in partnership with people. We do this with empathy and compassion.
- Ingenuity: Whether it is our aid and development work in PNG, or our marketing and fundraising activities in Australia, we always strive to be as resourceful and transparent as possible. We overcome hurdles and work towards solutions with optimism and ingenuity.
- Mateship: The people of Papua New Guinea are our nearest neighbours and our friends. Our supporters entrust us to honour this friendship in the same spirit of mateship that was at work during the Kokoda Campaign.
OUR STRATEGIC GOALS (2015 – 2020)
- Grow a sustainable and thriving development organisation with strong influence in PNG and Australia
- Scale the organisation’s best practice projects across PNG
- Substantially contribute to the raising of educational, health and livelihood outcomes of the PNG people
- Find and foster the next generation of PNG leaders
- Keep the spirit of Kokoda alive